Monday, February 19, 2007

How about some hard to find Ornette?

Here is an out-of-print Ornette album that he made with Charlie Haden. This stuff is pretty nice and I am actually suprised that it has gone by the wayside. The two perform fantastically together, which is amazing considering how much time had passed when they actually recorded this. What more can I say? I'll let the tunes do the talking.



Ornette Colemen/Charlie Haden
Soapsuds, Soapsuds
128 Rate AAC files

1 Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman (Coleman) 7:45
2 Human Being (Coleman) 7:49
3 Soap Suds (Coleman) 5:17
4 Sex Spy (Coleman) 9:59
5 Some Day (Coleman) 7:34


(Link Removed)

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this j... like your frank pic too :)

aacs work fine for me - i use itunes for windows anyway. some of the others may need to be convinced!

J-Bombay said...

Nothing like a little Coleman/Haden duo, huh? I really like Haden's "Duos" album as well (with Ornette on one track, but the one with Keith Jarrett really does it as well. Hmmmm, you know what? That whole album is great...). Those two (back to C & H) can really put some amazing stuff together.
Speaking of duos, after reading an entry at Taylor Ho Bynam's site, I have been throwing some of my better duo albums into heavy listening rotation. The Jimmy Lyons/Andrew Cyrille stuff and the Max Roach/Dizzy live album are fantastic if you haven't heard them. Anthony Braxton has some really creative stuff with Cyrille as well. I think I mentioned something about the Shepp/Roach in an earlier post (one of my alltime favs), and I just couldn't leave that out of the picture. Ahhhhh, so much music, so little time... :)

Rod Warner said...

... thanks for this... haven't heard it for years and lost my copy a long way back...

grasprelease said...

Wonderful blog! Great contributions. Keep up the good work and thanks for these! Regards,
g.r

Anonymous said...

Well, it should be popular! Thanks.

Prohibition69 said...

Hard enough to find... And then he was gone. Damn.

Oh, to have been a fly on this wall...

Oh, to have been a fly on this wall...
For those of you who don't know, this is a photo of Peter Brotzmann, Evan Parker and Anthony Braxton, reed gods incarnate.